Click Images for the Gallery

Quotes From Maria

"'My dad took me to the Czech Republic when I was 12 and we went for a coffee at a golf club,' Verchenova said. 'The next day we went back and I tried hitting a few balls with a local coach. He said I had a talent for the game and I should play. When I got back we went to Moscow City Golf Club and that's how I started.

'I didn’t even know what golf was when I was young because my family was poor and everybody in Russia is focused on tennis. But thanks to my parents I was given a chance.'"

"Russia doesn’t have programs such as Korea, Japan, countries in Europe or the US have. We have support in tennis and hockey but not in golf so this is something we have to work on. It has been tough for me to get to this level considering the difficulties which came to me along my young career. I wish I could have had more support and experienced people to rely on in the past. But the exciting part is that I can be this person for the next generation and this is priceless! I will do all my best to be a good pioneer and give back."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Maria Verchenova News Stories

Loading...